Wednesday, June 15, 2011

update

I guess it has been awhile since I have updated this blog. For the sake of those who don't know where I am, I have re-located to Washington State, Longview to be exact. With Jeremy's orders to move to Fairbanks in October, I decided to return to the Northwest and get out of tornado alley. Longview is a lot like Ketchikan but not quite as much rain but it is green and there are mountains everywhere, something I missed in Oklahoma and Kansas. I have rented a three bedroom house for the time being and have enjoyed having the third bedroom for when people come to visit. While I don't have either Josh or Jeremy in the near vicinity, I do have a niece and nephew here in town and a cousin about 25 miles from here that I visit frequently because he has a place in the country with cows, donkeys and chicken and it is peaceful away from the city. I also have an assortment of other cousins in Oregon that I still have to locate but all in all, I have enjoyed coming back to this area.
I have been attending Calvary Chapel here, although I haven't quite decided if that is where I will finally settle and still have been visiting other churches off and on to find my niche. I keep busy with work as usual but also have been doing quite a bit of quilting and have met a number of new ladies through the local quilt shops. There is a beautiful lake two blocks from my house which provides a wonderful walking, running, biking path, which is very popular and I go workout at Curves three times or more a week as well. I am still actively going geocaching (if you don't know what that is, look it up) and have enjoyed exploring the new and unusual places that it takes me to as well as meeting some local geocachers at meet and greets held in the area. So I manage to keep busy.
Sometimes I wonder why I have been re-located to any given area, but recently I was able to minister to my cousin who had a triple bypass surgery. Folllowing his surgery, they came to stay here for a week so he could relax and recuperate before heading out to the farm. I was able to take care of his dog while he was in the hospital and prepared some meals for them as well. So I am thankful that I have come to this area even though I miss the grandkids like crazy.

Jeremy has been deployed once again, this time to Afghanistan for a year. Lisa is holding down the homefront with the kids in Fairbanks. I am hoping they will be able to come down again perhaps in August for a visit. Josh and Kendrie are still in Memphis and Josh is still flying for Mesaba Airlines. Laila is two and growing up so fast. Very cute too.

So the Mutart family is alive and well

No comments: