Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Greening

Ok so March came roaring in like a lion. I am pleased to announce that I believe winter is officially over. While it is still a bit chilly on some nights, the days have been wonderful. The other day it was actually around 70 degrees. Yes folks, read it and weep. I have planted strawberries and we are getting excited to plant the already started watermelon, pumpkins, cantalope and other veggies. Some are outgrowing their little pots and want to be put into the ground. In the past week while driving to town, we have noticed the fields are turning green. I always thought of Kansas as a little barren and definitely brown. However, in this area, there to be a fair amount of farming and hay growing. So I was wrong at least for now. Perhaps by the end of summer, things will be various shades of tan and brown but for now, the green of spring is coming forth. People have started working in their yards and raking up all the leaves from fall. (Great mulch by the way). So spring has sprung and the sun in warm upon our faces. Have I mentioned that I don't miss all of the rain??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Veta: Sounds like you are enjoying life in Kansas! I'm excited for the new things you are experiencing. Blessings to all of you!

Veta said...

I would like to email you sometime so can you send me your email address or a snail mail address?