Saturday, January 20, 2007

Snow

Lest anyone think I left the inclement weather behind and am enjoying sunny days to my heart's content, rest assured it is not so. It has been snowing pretty much all afternoon and we now have accumulated about 6 inches of white fluff. Now that in itself is not bad. I'm used to snow and slush. However, out here where we live, the roads don't get plowed much. The main highway is cleared of course, but this little town is five miles from the main highway. We are very lucky if someone comes around at night and plows a path down the middle of the street. The dogs love it and it brings out all the "frisky" in them. I suspect that tomorrow we may have to find a place and let the kids slide down a hill. I think I see a snowman in our future. The last snow we had was so dry that we couldn't even make a snowball, much less a snowman but this snow seems to have a little more moisture so it might work. Hmm dry snow, who would have guessed? At any rate, we shall see what tomorrow brings and if we can even get to church.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Veta, it's good to hear the details of your move and of some of the happenings there. You are good with words, have you ever considered doing some writing?! Glad you're doing well, also that you've found a good church. Tell Jeremy and Lisa hello for me. :)
Becky E.

~john said...

Hi Veta,so glad to here from you. I love your write up. I am so happy that you got out of AK. and can be with Lisa and the grandkids while Jeremy is gone. We will be praying for him and all of you. I need a phone number so I can call you. We will be out of AK in a few months,John last day at work is Feb. 25. We can't wait. Love to all of you. John and BJ

~john said...

Hi Veta, just another note to let you know that it is Betty Jo leaving you these comments but I am using John's login.
Did I tell you that Jaime is going to have our first grandchild? She is due on May 14. I am so glad we will be moved down there by then. Tell everyone HI, we miss you all.

jpno said...

hi Veta!
my mom sent me the link to your
blog :) its so nice to read up
on whats going on!
so glad you got out of alaska.

right now my husband and i are
living in california, (where he
has lived since he was 3). on March
22nd we start our drive out of here
to move to seattle, washington.
we can not wait! i can't wait to
be close to family again. i miss
my parents so much. and i'm sure
my mom told you that my brother
adam's wife, is caring our first
baby in the family! hehe. i can
not wait to finally be an aunt!!!!

anyways.
great to read what is going on!

lots of love!!!
tell everyone i say hello!
love Jeanette and Jorge